The Official Congress Hotels
Quality & Comfort Hotels will be undergoing extensive renovations during Queens Birthday weekend so less rooms are available than usual, they are now booked out. However, we have secured extra rooms less than 10 mins walk up the road at Mercure Wellington Able Tasman which will be held for Congress guests until April 30th or are sold out, please BOOK NOW to avoid missing out. Shuttle service will operate to both Hotels.
Quality & Comfort Hotels. 223 Cuba Street. Wellington
The Comfort Hotel & Quality Hotel Wellington are located in the heart of the vibrant Cuba Quarter and just a short stroll to inner city bars, restaurants and boutique shops, and a 5 minute shuttle ride from the workshops and parties venue at Te Whaea – National Dance Centre.
The Comfort Hotel (Qualmark 3 star) & Quality Hotel (4 PLUS star) share common areas such as reception, breakfast area and bar, so no matter what your budget is you’ll be able to brush shoulders with our international artists at the hotel lobby and catch up with friends at the bar.
Mercure Able Tasman. 169 Willis St. Wellington
Mercure Able Tasman is the perfect location between Cuba Street, Victoria University and the very heart of Wellington’s business and entertainment district. Some of New Zealand’s best bars, restaurants, cafes and main tourist attractions including Wellington’s Te Papa, Parliament buildings and the Interislander ferry are all easily accessible. They have recently completed a smart refurbishment of all standard rooms. New cabinetry, beds, desks, chairs, storage units, painting and artwork have transformed these rooms with a contemporary new look.
Why stay at the Official Congress Hotels
- Complimentary Wi-Fi with each room
- Start each day with a buffet breakfast with your mates and other dancers from around NZ
- Shuttles will only be running between the Workshop/Party venue and the Hotels
Hotel rooms always BOOK OUT so book now to avoid missing out!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE YOU BOOK, READ CAREFULLY:
- Prices are per room/ per night
- Charges apply for room service
- Only one person must book the room if you are sharing the room
- You MUST include the name of the person you are sharing the room if booking a double/twin share room
Comfort Hotel (SOLD OUT)
Choose between SINGLE room (one double / king bed), or TWIN room (two single beds)
- $137 /room per night ($68.50 /person TWIN) with ONE Full Buffet Breakfast
- $157 /room per night ($78.50 /person TWIN) with TWO Full Buffet Breakfast
Quality Hotel (SOLD OUT)
Choose between SINGLE room (one Queen bed) or TWIN room (two Queen beds).
- $205 /room per night ($102.50 /person TWIN) with ONE Full Buffet Breakfast
- $225 /room per night ($112.50 /person TWIN) with TWO Full Buffet Breakfast
Mercure Able Tasman
Choose between SINGLE (one Queen bed), TWIN (two Single beds), or TRIPLE (three Single beds) rooms
- $155 /room per night SINGLE or TWIN ($77.50 /person TWIN). Add $20 / person per Full Buffet Breakfast
- $185 /room per night TRIPLE ($61.67 /person) Add $20 / person per Full Buffet Breakfast
A dedicated Congress Shuttle service will be running between the Hotels to Te Whaea Dance Centre. A $4 ticket per trip can be purchased from Registration Desk, or you may purchase a $25 wristband for the 3 day weekend. Please note this service is only for those staying at the Quality & Comfort Hotels.
Parties & Workshop Venues
Te Whaea – National Dance & Drama Centre
(All workshops, Shows and Parties venue)
11 Hutchison Rd. Newtown, Wellington
Te Whaea – National Dance and Drama Centre is the home to Toi Whakaari: NZ Drama School and the New Zealand School of Dance. This ‘centre of excellence’ is set on Wellington’s nature reserve in Newtown, five minutes drive from the heart of the city, with ample parking and a great view.
Te Whaea is purpose built as a centre for teaching performing arts and producing dance and theatre productions.
The Congress will be using Te Whaea’s 5 professional dance studios to hold all of the Congress workshops.
Webb St Studios
(Immersion courses venue)
Level 1, 22 Webb St. Te Aro, Wellington
Friday and Monday Immersion courses are held here which is only a 5 minute easy walk up the road from the Comfort & Quality Hotels. No onsite parking available.